Skilled (GSM) visas

Ace Visas provides excellent services for skilled (GSM) migration sponsorship. As a renowned service company when it comes to skilled migration in Perth, Western Australia, we bring convenience to people in and outside Australia.

Browse through this page to learn more about our services.

This is a type of permanent visa for skilled people in demand in the Australian labour market. Applicants for this type of visa are not sponsored and they must pass a points test.

This type of permanent visa is for people who are unable to meet the Skilled – Independent requirements. Applicants must be either sponsored by an eligible relative living in Australia or nominated by a participating state/territory government. Applicants must also pass a points test.

This is three-year provisional visa. Applicants for this visa must meet one of two conditions. First, an eligible relative living in a designated area of Australia must sponsor them. Second, a participating state/territory government must nominate them. Applicants may apply for a permanent visa after living for two years and working for at least one year in a Specified Regional Area. Applicants for this visa must also pass a points test.

Sixty (60) is the current pass point for a GSM visa in order to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI). However, it does not guarantee an invitation to lodge the visa application. You will need to get a relatively higher point such as above 70 or 75. The immigration department is currently undertaking 1-2 rounds of selections each month. This only started in August this year with 100 applicants invited.


Citizens of New Zealand should apply for an offshore General Skilled Migration visa. This is regardless of whether they are currently in or outside Australia.

They may apply for the following subclasses:

New Zealand citizens must undergo skills assessment before applying for General Skilled Migration. This is regardless of whether or not they were able to obtain registration in their nominated occupation in Australia. An approved assessing body for their nominated skilled occupation should provide the skills assessment.


You may add family members after your temporary or provisional visa has been granted.

Your partner, dependent children and other dependent relatives can also apply to accompany you in Australia if they were not included in your original application.

This applies if you are currently holding one of the following temporary or provisional visas:

Note that family members cannot be added to your permanent visa after it has been granted.

Get in touch with us if you have any concern about our skilled migration visa services. Ace Visas Australia will be happy to provide you with the necessary information to assist you along the way.