Other Family Visas

Other family members such as aged dependent relatives, remaining relatives and carers of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizens may also apply for permanent visas of Australia.

Remaining Relative (Subclass 835) (Permanent) or Remaining Relative Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 115)
You must be a brother, sister or parent of an eligible person in Australia who are your only near relatives.

Aged Dependent Relative (Subclass 838) (Permanent) or Aged Dependent Relative (Subclass 114)
This is a visa for people over certain age who rely on a relative in Australia for all or most of their living costs.

Carer (Subclass 836) (Permanent) or Carer Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 116)
This is a visa for people who need to care for their Australian relative or a member of their family unit who has a medical condition.

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visa (Subclass 461) (Temporary)
This visa is for a non-New Zealand citizen to be able to travel to and/or live in Australia with their New Zealand citizen family members. The sponsor must hold a special category visa.

Humanitarian Program – Split Family Provisions
For the immediate family members of people granted any permanent humanitarian visa (including Protection and Resolution of Status visas) in the last five years. Immediate family members declared at the time of application may be eligible for entry to Australia through the offshore Humanitarian Program.